The Disciplinary Excellence in Learning, Teaching and Assessment (DELTA) Award is presented to discipline groups who can demonstrate a record of excellence in teaching and learning enhancement and who commit to an ongoing, clearly articulated, shared process of continued enhancement. The DELTA Award is the only team award in the national learning impact awards. The DELTA Award process aims to facilitate recognition at a discipline level and to bring good practice to a wider audience, as an essential part of valuing teaching and learning within higher education communities.
The DELTA Award at a glance
- The DELTA Awards are for disciplinary teams
- The DELTA Award process involves a number of stages which are outlined in the DELTA Award interface and the accompanying handbook
- ‘Intentions to submit’ will undergo an initial review by National Forum colleagues and, where required, by an international panel member and a student representative. Full applications will be considered by a review panel made up of international colleagues and including student representation.
- There is no limit on the number of teams that can receive an Award in any given round; all teams who are found by the panel to fulfil the criteria will be deemed eligible for the DELTA Award
- Applications for the Award can be submitted at two collection points in any one year:
- 20 June with decision by 1 November of the same year
- 1 December with decision by 31 March of the following year
Applying for the DELTA Award
Whether you would like to apply for a DELTA Award for the first time or renew an existing DELTA Award, there are a number of steps:
If applying for the first time
1. Complete an intention to submit form
2. Following the successful completion of the initial review stage, work as a team to take stock and agree enhancement focus for next three years
3. Submit full application
All new applications are reviewed by an international review panel.
If renewing an existing DELTA Award
1. Review progress and decide future focus for enhancement
2. Complete an intention to submit form
3. Complete renewal application form
A random selection of renewal applications are reviewed by an international panel.
|Intention to Submit||Collection Point||Notification|
|First Wednesday in December||First Wednesday in July||1 November (same year)|
|First Wednesday in July||First Wednesday in December||31 March (following year)|
For 2021/22 academic year, these dates will be Wed 01 Dec 2021 and Wed 06 July 2022.
All queries related to the DELTA Award should be send to firstname.lastname@example.org Queries will generally be answered within two working days.