The Teaching and Learning Research Fellowships are Ireland’s most prestigious national individual teaching and learning awards in higher education.
The Fellowships will
- recognise, reward and celebrate those who have demonstrated a deep commitment to the enhancement of teaching and learning.
- provide an opportunity for Fellows to share their knowledge and to expand their expertise.
- provide a robust evidence base for future teaching and learning enhancement decision-making across the sector.
The scholarly evidence generated through these Fellowships will lay the foundation for a valued and informed teaching and learning culture in Irish higher education.
The Fellowships are being introduced by the National Forum in partnership with the Irish Research Council.
Fellowships at a glance
- The Fellowships are individual awards.
- Up to five Fellowships will be awarded as part of this inaugural call.
- The Fellowships will each have a value of €45,000.
- There will be three stages in the application process: a screening stage, a shortlisting stage and a Fellowship allocation stage.
- The Fellowship awardees will be announced on 9 June 2020.
- The Fellowships will commence on 1 July 2020 and end on 31 December 2021.
- Those applicants who are successful in securing a Fellowship will remain as employees of their respective institutions while working on projects of strategic importance to the higher education sector.
All queries related to the Fellowships, including any specific questions about eligibility, should be send to Fellowships@teachingandlearning.ie Queries will generally be answered within two working days.