- This event has passed.
Using Games to Teach: Gamification and Game-Based Learning in Higher Education
13th February 2020 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Explain the pedagogic rationale for using games to teach and identify when and how to apply a gamification strategy;
- Define the terms used in educational games, such as GBL, gamification, serious games, playful learning, and the various game elements that make a game for learning;
- Observe how HE practitioners have implemented games and gamification in their teaching, and the outcomes of such approaches;
- Share your own experiences of gamification in HE;
- Participate in one of two practical workshops, in which you can explore how to gamify your own module, or learn about the gamification features available in your VLE.
Please see website link below for full details (including programme, booking, and call for contributions).