- This event has passed.
Nurturing our Ethical Sensibilities as Learners, Teachers, Researches and Supervisors
8th November 2019 @ 9:45 am - 3:30 pm
- To share good practice on how we nurture our own and our students’ ethical sensibilities
- To acquire skills of reflection and practical tools for ethical thinking, reflection and analysis useful for our fields of teaching, research and student support
- To explore understanding of the ‘every day’ ethics generated by different kinds of research, much of which does not require ethical review
- To appreciate the ethical challenges posed by emerging kinds of research including technologically based research methodologies, ethical leadership and decision making, big data mining etc
- To explore and discuss diverse ethical frameworks, which can better enable us to assess the ethics of new practices of research inquiry