- This event has passed.
Exploring the Role of Contemplative Pedagogy in Inspiring Education Practice and Student Engagement – Educator and Student Perspectives
• Appraise a variety of ways in which contemplative pedagogy can be introduced into the classroom to initiate and sustain enquiry, promote creative and engaged student learning and the exploration of interiority and nurturing wholeness to foster a sense of student wellbeing
• Engage with contemplative methods and explore possible practical applications within subject areas
• Differentiate between current pedagogy and the potential of contemplative pedagogy in Higher Education from the educator’s perspective
• Appreciate the role of contemplative pedagogy in the life and learning of the student/graduate including their interaction with challenges in modern society, industry or their work community
• Connect with educators from various disciplines, who are using this pedagogy in their subject area and promote collaboration
*This event was deferred from the 2019/20 National Seminar Series