- This event has passed.
Teaching and Research in the UK Higher Education Sector during the last 30 years
- Gain a professor’s view of people and processes, and how to work in HE as an early or midcareer academic
- Explore the set-up and development of an international research group within a teaching-led University and how research can complement teaching
- Develop an appreciation for the role that metrics (student satisfaction, research excellence framework (REF), teaching excellence framework, TEF) have played for better and for worse in UK HE
- Reflect on a professor’s experience of mentoring international students from Brazil, India, Taiwan, Libya and many other countries and the role that their culture plays in their PhD journey
- Learn about the case for ‘passing’ all students or at least broadening classification of marks in examination