- This event has passed.
Religions and Beliefs in Changing Times (RBCT): Responses to Religious Belief Diversity in Educational Settings in the Republic of Ireland
27th November @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Learn how to use innovative methodologies and new approaches, e.g. belief circles, to explore personal beliefs (philosophical, secular, religious, spiritual, financial and political)
- Explore how to bring “beliefs” into educational spaces in a safe, learning environment whereby students are not humiliated, marginalised or excluded by expressing their beliefs
- Engage with the discomfort or reluctance that sometimes arises when addressing questions about a range of beliefs and values, particularly in classrooms
- Inform professional practice and gain insight on how to encourage students to engage in practices of listening and dialogue, without imposing or requiring consensus or agreement
- Reflect on the use of creative, engaging and experiential approaches to pedagogy and education that seek to put the voices of children and young people at the heart of their practice