Exploring the Role of Higher Education in Supporting the Emerging Social Enterprise Sector
8th November @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Discuss the growing importance of social enterprise to the Irish economy
- Debate the role of HEIs in the development, recognition and legitimacy of the social enterprise sector through curriculum development and other teaching and learning initiatives
- Assess the scope for HEIs partnering with Social Enterprises on curriculum-related projects e.g., applied undergraduate and postgraduate project work, case studies of local and regional social enterprises etc.
- Explore how HEIs can build the capacity of people already working within the social enterprise sector
- Create a community of practice for HEI staff with a remit or interest and/or engaged in social enterprise