- This event has passed.
Crossing Boundaries: Religions and Beliefs in Changing Times
31st March 2021
• Present international research on religion, education and ethnicity, particularly in the light of the Black Lives Matter movement
• Explore religion and queerness in education and introduce new ways of interpreting religion that challenge hetero-/cisnormative conception of religious identity
• Address the deficit in understanding about non-religious groups in Ireland (10% of the population in 2016)
• Inform professional practice about the diversity of religious beliefs in Ireland and support educators to engage in reflective practice as they address the needs of belief diverse learners
• Present the most recent and innovative research and pedagogies underlying a crossing of boundaries in teaching and learning about religion in Ireland