- This event has passed.
Using OER and OEP for Teaching and Learning
26th March @ 12:30 am - 1:30 pm
The National Webinar Series, organised by the National Forum throughout 2021, gets underway on Friday 26 March 2021 with a webinar focused on ‘Using OER and OEP for Teaching and Learning’.
The potential benefits of using open educational resources and practices (OER and OEP) in higher education include improving access, furthering equity and enhancing teaching, learning and assessment. The National Forum supports the use of OER and OEP in a range of ways (see www.teachingandlearning.ie/open).
This webinar will be helpful to staff across the sector who are interested in further exploring and supporting the use of OER and OEP in their own contexts. The webinar will share a range of materials and guidance designed to build capacity in OER and OEP in Irish higher education and will invite conversation and feedback. Topics to be covered include:
- Basic principles of OER and OEP and the importance of open in the digital age
- Finding relevant, quality OER for use and/or adaptation for teaching and learning
- Choosing and assigning an appropriate open licence for an educational resource you have created
- Exploring the concepts of OEP and open pedagogy
All the resources and approaches shared will form the basis of a forthcoming (early 2022) National Forum open course. The webinar will be facilitated by the developers of the open course, a cross-institutional team with a wide range of open education experience:
- Catherine Cronin (National Forum)
- Claire McAvinia (TU Dublin/National Forum)
- Celine Peignen (Athlone Institute of Technology)
- Angelica Risquez (University of Limerick)
This new open course will become part of the suite of professional development courses within the National Forum Professional Development Framework (www.opencourses.ie).
The National Forum looks forward to welcoming staff from the sector to this webinar which will run from 12.30-13.30 on Friday 26 March 2021. Registration for this event can be accessed at the Eventbrite link below.
A full listing of the 2021 National Webinar Series is available here.