- This event has passed.
Action in Architecture – Teaching for Climate Change, Teaching for the Future
23rd March 2022
- Enabling those attending to understand the context in which their teaching practice and methods can develop to tackle the issue of climate change with reference to the perspectives of the case studies shown and through round table discussions
- Enabling those attending to learn from each other, share experiences and draw strength from a combined effort to address the issue of climate change in the teaching and learning of architecture, and to build a network of teachers interested in this topic
- Enabling those attending to understand the national picture for teaching and learning in this specific area of education, to understand how best to act and develop effective education programs and to identify methods and practices in other disciplines that might be relevant to architecture design teaching
- Enabling those attending to begin a process of reflective teaching practice, discussion and documentation of outputs so that a local and collective process of teaching enhancement and practice can occur on an ongoing basis
- Discussing and developing methods of enhancing student learning, experience, feedback, and wider dissemination as part of student learning, and as work in this area of teaching progresses in the coming years