In recognition of the innovative and exciting work that is going on in institutions across the country and of the readiness of the sector to cooperate and collaborate for the benefit of all students, the National Forum is delighted to launch a suite of concise case studies showing how some Irish HEIs are using data to support student success. There are 10 case studies in total, compiled by staff from institutions across the country, showing how they have embraced data as an invaluable resource in support of a broad range of student-focused goals. The case studies are designed to give a brief overview of the work that is taking place and the steps that have been taken to reach this point, as well as to share lessons learned along the way. By also including the contact details of those who submitted it and/or key people from the initiatives described, it is hoped that they will facilitate inter-institutional communication and collaboration.
The 10 case studies look at:
- CIT’s Faculty Dashboard
- Early Alert Reporting in DBS
- Predictive Analytics at NUIG
- Developing the ‘Digital Footprint’ in the TU Dublin Partners
- Unishare: Student Relationship Management at UCD
- Assessment Analytics at DCU
- Analytics Policy Development in IT Blanchardstown
- Letterkenny IT Digital Attendance Monitoring System
- UL’s Student Engagement and Success Unit (SESU)
- Progression Analysis at Waterford Institute of Technology
The full suite of case studies is available here, and will also be showcased on a weekly basis through the National Forum’s social media channels.