Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
Dr Carina Ginty
GMIT Teaching and Learning Office will engage with a range faculties and disciplines to highlight the value of Teaching and Learning Enhancement through a series of LEP projects. The call for ideas and proposals for LEP's commenced in September 2019, to encourage staff to generate ideas for a module or programme, that will have an impact on teaching and the student learning experience.
• Design Thinking Learning Toolkit applicable to all disciplines
• A Power App for In-Class and In-Notes Interactivity for Maths students in GMIT
• Re-usable Learning Objects for Chemistry
• Building Regulation curriculum design and competency assessment
• Online Proctoring pilot in the exams office
• Embedding an online Employability Toolkit across all faculties
• The development of a Tourism Learning resource
• Conversion of a Service Learning module into an online resusable learning resource
• Rollout of a PACT/PDF Portfolio module to support engagement with the National Professional Development Framework
The LEP proposals align with the strategic priorities of the National Forum.