The scope of the initiative is to explore and identify approaches that can enhance and extend current approaches to gathering student feedback. This work will complement the use of existing data from the Studentsurvey.ie by developing a policy framework and set of tools and resources for a student feedback ecosystem to include systematic evaluation and dialogue-based student feedback approaches. Using the potential of a new VLE, the initiative will explore and assess the purposes, approach and timing of student feedback instances at identified points of the student learning lifecycle, at module level and at programme level on completion of studies. Specifically:
• To analyse and map current approaches in operation for gathering and analysing student feedback at module level and on completion of studies.
• To benchmark these approaches in light of prevailing and emerging practices nationally and internationally and identify opportunities for enhancement of current practices and/or integration of new approaches.
• To identify in what ways technologies and in particular the Canvas VLE may be most effective for gathering student feedback and enabling data visualisation of outcomes.
• To explore consultative and participative approaches to gathering student feedback which extend and provide deeper exposition of the student voice.
• To provide a student feedback resources bank for staff and students which supports creative feedback approaches and enhanced feedback loops.