Development of Professional Knowledge and Skills for Teaching Staff - with a Strategic Focus on Assessment
The Initative Team
Limerick Institute of Technology
The initiative will involve a significant continuing professional development (CPD) process for Limerick Institute of Technology staff, reflecting key domains of the National Forum Professional Development Framework. This CPD process will significantly focus on the development of Assessment Literacy with the aim of enhancing student engagement.
The overall initiative will include the following components:
• The development of a series of innovative assessment practices for enhanced student engagement and technology enhanced learning with accompanying CPD Workshops.
• The development of an accredited 10 ECTS (Level 9) special purpose award in assessment for student engagement.
• The development and publication of an LIT Volume 2 - Compendium of Active Learning and Assessment.
• Development of staff digital capacity for student engagement to include; video production and editing, development of reusable learning objects and the use of learning analytics tools.
• Design of standardised, user-friendly, inclusive exam templates in collaboration with Student Support Services.