Hosted by the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (National Forum) in partnership with Quality Qualifications Ireland(QQI), this webinar will explore what is understood as WBA in the Irish context, focus on the shared assessment challenges and opportunities across the different contexts and will discuss some key practice insights on WBA before inviting participants to highlight critical issues to probe further.
The WBA webinar is the first in a new webinar and national symposium series hosted by the National Forum and QQI that aims to:
1. Discuss work-based assessment of, for and as learning approaches and terminology in the Irish context
2. Debate the assessment challenges and opportunities across the different contexts
3. Explore critical issues for staff and/or student in the current climate
4. Work towards a National understanding of work-based assessments in different context
5. Build a learning community to encourage collaboration and networking.
6. Identify potential actions for change for enhancing practice and developing enabling policies.
The webinar will be of interest to those involved in work placement or work-based assessment (WBA) including: academic staff, careers officers, students, employers, internship managers, educational developers/technologist and those involved in managing apprenticeships, work experience placements and professional placements.
All participants are encouraged to contribute to a learning community space to continue the discussions between events from this new series to debate key issues, share practice and appropriate scholarship.
Quality and Qualifications Ireland is an independent State agency responsible for promoting quality and accountability in education and training services in Ireland.
The National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education is the national body responsible for leading and advising on the enhancement of teaching and learning in Irish higher education.