- This event has passed.
Facilitating student leadership to foster academic culture
8th November @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Participants will be able to identify the benefits of an effective student leadership programme for a successful transition to third level education
- Participants will be able to structure and plan the delivery of a student leadership programme focused on academic culture and programmatic socialisation. This seminar will outline the processes and structures required for its planning and delivery
- Participants will be able to verify how student leadership can build academic culture as a result of the interactions between i) academic staff, ii) older programme peers appointed as student leaders, and iii) first year students
- Participants will be able to align their institutional student engagement commitments through the activation of a student leadership model for new students
- The evaluation framework used by Newcastle University’s ‘Peer Mentoring’ programme will be shared, to prompt potential approaches to evaluation”