Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) ePortfolio Roadshow
Project Lead: Galway Mayo Institute of Technology
Project Partners: Institute of Technology, Sligo, Letterkenny Institute of Technology
Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT), Institute of Technology Sligo (ITS) and Letterkenny Institute of Technology (LyIT) have launched the My Experience RPL (Recognised Prior Learning) Assessment Toolkit. The toolkit includes an information website and an online RPL application tool for candidates looking for access or advanced entry to a higher education programme. In addition, a free open online course has been developed for Higher Education staff seeking professional development in RPL assessment skills and supporting RPL applicants effectively (http://cpd.learnonline.ie/).
The RPL digital roadshow will reach four Higher Education Institutes in Ireland. All institutes signed up for the roadshow will provided with the ePortfolio Moodle Plug-in tool to activate in their own institute.
The RPL Roadshow programme will include:
1) RPL ePortfolio Assessment Skills Virtual and Site Visit Workshops – on assessing RPL candidates with the e-portfolio tool and RPL assessment challenge exams and rubric design.
2) RPL ePortfolio Mentoring Skills – Webinar Workshop on Managing the RPL applicant learning journey.
3) International Cases RPL Webinars demonstrating Irish, Scottish and US RPL experiences across a range of disciplines.
4) Creation of RPL Mentoring and Assessors Online Communities by Discipline.
5) A digital marketing & PR communications campaign.
6) All participants receiving a Digital RPL Skills Badge.