Athlone Institute of Technology
In Athlone Institute of Technology, key areas of focus were identified for funding of Local Enhancement Projects (LEPs) through consultation. This cross faculty and multi-disciplinary approach involved academic and professional support staff, academic leaders and students. All areas for focus are linked to the strategic priorities Strategic Plan 2019-2023 and the National Forum Strategic Plan 2019-2021.
Two types of projects will be funded, themed projects and ISSE-based projects.
Four AIT LEP project themes have been identified, with funding ringfenced. Specific groups, who have already established their expertise/interest in a thematic area, will be invited to submit a proposal under this type, which is clearly aligned to one or a combination of the NF priorities. These are:
1. Digital badges and micro-credentials
2. Programmatic approach to the integration of capstone projects
3. Developing a model for the evaluation of assessment used in nursing clinical placements
4. Integrating principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) into curriculum design
There will be a call for six additional AIT LEPs. The invite will be extended to each of the four faculties, the library and the student resources centre, with one project funded in each area. Criteria for selection will include, how:
• the project will address an action identified from the AIT 2018-2019 ISSE reports
• students will engage as partners in the project
All AIT LEPs must involve team members who have not been involved in projects previously. Outputs from all LEPs will be shared at an AIT showcase event in December 2020.