- This event has passed.
Assessment for learning speech disorders and phonetics for speech and language therapy students in Ireland
17th June 2019
The participants will be able to:
- Summarise current approaches to assessment and teaching of Speech Disorders and Phonetics and training of perceptual judgement in the Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) programmes in Ireland
- Critically appraise the different approaches for assessment and teaching of Speech Disorders and Phonetics and training of perceptual judgement in a wide variety of speech disorders, in the shape of a SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats)
- Discuss the competencies in phonetics, perceptual judgement, and speech disorders expected of SLTs at entry level
- Analyse the SLT students’ experience of assessment and how it relates to learning /skill building in this area
- Discuss the application of technology (i.e. building of a shared online resource) to establish an agreed approach for assessment and teaching the relevant area in order to maintain high standard of professional education
Eventbrite registration link will be available soon, in the interim please contact the organiser directly for further information.