- This event has passed.
Translation in Language Teaching: Rethinking the Role of Translation in Third-level Language Learning
9th December 2019 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- To consider the plethora of concepts, terms and approaches related to translation in language teaching (TILT) and how these may be connected with the reconceptualization of translation in language pedagogy
- To develop teaching and learning pedagogies that employ audio
- visual translation to exploit the increasingly multilingual repertoires of students in order to foster their plurilinguistic competency and appreciation
- To consider ways in which we can develop translation pedagogies for third level language instruction that develop learners’ communicative and mediation strategies as advocated by the Common European Framework for Language Learning and provide a basis for further intercultural and plurilinguistic reflection
- To explore a variety of ways in which cultural and linguistic mediation can be assessed through translation both formatively and summatively