- This event has passed.
IPE @ SAH: Looking Back to Step Forward
9th November 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The School of Allied Health (SAH), UL has received awards for the Disciplinary Excellence in Learning, Teaching and Assessment approach to Interprofessional Education (IPE). As national IPE leaders, we will showcase our teaching and learning through our reflection of developing an interprofessional curriculum. The pivotal event of this showcase will be an expert-led IPE training workshop. It will focus on the development of faculty capacity to sustain and enhance the existing IPE curricular activities and to lead on the development of a community of practice across health sciences faculty.
By the end of the interactive workshop participants will:
- develop a plan and the materials for mixed group facilitation training;
- exchange knowledge, experiences and ideas about the sustainability of quality interprofessional experiences;
- develop an awareness of the qualities and traits of confident facilitators.
This keynote event will be supported by a number of sessions offered by SAH staff and students.
Focus of the event
- Strategic institutional discussions about the place of teaching and learning within local policy and decision-making and how the value of teaching and learning can be strengthened
- Sharing and valuing ongoing teaching and learning enhancement work
- Considering how the relational, structural, practical or policy aspects of teaching and learning can be valued, supported and recognised