- This event has passed.
Celebration and launch of the CUA DigitalEd Case Study Collection Publication
11th November 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
This special VITAL event will celebrate the launch of the DigitalEd Case Study Collection. The DigitalEd Case Study publication will showcase exemplars of online and blended course design outputs produced in GMIT, IT Sligo and LYIT including; reflections from the digital champion experience; Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in the digital world; the DigitalEd transformation journey and how it has supported the development of a culture of digital transformation across the CUA.
Established in January 2020, the CUA Digital Champion network supports colleagues to develop their digital teaching and learning skills and engagement with a suite of DigitalEd.ie resources and professional development pathways. The impact of the champion mentoring network is wide ranging, from a local and institutional perspective, and it is provided an opportunity for digital transformation, as we move forward in becoming a new Technological University in the West and North-West of Ireland.
Focus of the event
- Strategic institutional discussions about the place of teaching and learning within local policy and decision-making and how the value of teaching and learning can be strengthened
- Sharing and valuing ongoing teaching and learning enhancement work
- Considering how the relational, structural, practical or policy aspects of teaching and learning can be valued, supported and recognised
- Gathering views and experiences from those who learn, teach and/or lead on the shift to online/remote learning and considering what has been learned for the future about how teaching and learning can/should be valued
- Considering the place of teaching and learning in evolving institutional contexts, e.g., in the context of institutional mergers
- Leveraging partnerships between those who teach and their students, as well as the wider educational community, to foster collective advocacy in strengthening the value placed on teaching and learning