- This event has passed.
Celebrating Student Success & Reflecting on the future of Business in a TU
12th November 2021 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
A series of strategic conversations to share experience and shape practice as we step beyond our emergency move to Responsive Blended Learning to a ‘new normal’.
This event will comprise a series of strategic conversations to share experience and shape practice as we step beyond our emergency move to Responsive Blended Learning to a ‘new normal’.
Stage One: Celebrate Our Student’s Success (12/11/2021)
A two-hour online event with keynote speaker: Professor Alejandro Armellini, Dean of Digital and Distributed Learning, University of Portsmouth. This online event will be followed by three 30-minute, themed workshops. Staff from across the three campuses of TU Dublin will share ideas and tips on innovative practice relating to:
- valuing student engagement online
- increasing engagement through extracurricular events
- innovative technology use for teaching and assessment.
A Plenary Panel Session will focus on the student T&L experience during and post- pandemic where a selection of cross-faculty students will share their learnings.
Stage Two: How teaching and learning can be collectively enhanced for business disciplines provision in the Technological University Dublin (19/11/2021)
This stage will feature online workshops where staff will propose what to take from this experience into our TLA strategy.
Focus of the event
- Gathering views and experiences from those who learn, teach and/or lead on the shift to online/remote learning and considering what has been learned for the future about how teaching and learning can/should be valued
- Considering the place of teaching and learning in evolving institutional contexts, e.g., in the context of institutional mergers