The National Forum, in partnership with the Union of Students in Ireland (USI), is currently looking to recruit a full-time, paid Student Associate Intern for 2021/2022. This 12-month internship will be from 1 July 2021 – 30 June 2022. However, the National Forum will aim to be as flexible as possible in relation to official start and finish dates.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to expand their understanding of teaching and learning enhancement in Irish higher education and the direct impact its future development will have on students and the student experience. Working alongside the rest of the National Forum team, USI, student representatives and other sector bodies, the successful applicant will play a key role in enhancing student engagement within the National Forum’s work and communications.
The Student Associate Intern will help to enhance and develop a partnership approach to ensure that students continue to play a central role in shaping the future landscape of teaching and learning in Irish higher education.
This is a full-time position, involving 37 hours per week, with a salary of circa €27k.
This internship will be of interest to those with a keen interest in teaching and learning enhancement and the successful candidate should be familiar with the work of the National Forum.
The role will involve working with the National Forum team to support and guide the achievement of the current and upcoming National Forum strategic objectives, including playing a key role in:
- consulting with students to ensure that the National Forum strategy builds on a strong evidence base. This may be carried out through institution visits, focus groups and liaising with Students’ Unions.
- championing initiatives that will support teaching and learning enhancement from a student perspective.
- co-ordinating the National Forum’s Student Associate Assembly, which will involve delegating reviews and events to its members.
- contributing to the planning, delivery and success of the National Forum’s VITAL (Valuing Ireland’s Teaching and Learning) Week, 8-12 November 2021.
- connecting with all students from across the higher education sector, in particular those new to higher education, to capture their lived experiences.
- liaising with USI and other Students’ Unions, QQI, AHEAD and the HEA on agreed partnership activities.
- developing a communication plan to communicate the work of the National Forum to students in particular via social media (Instagram and Twitter).
Full details of essential and desirable criteria for this role, as well as application instructions can be found here.
Closing Date: 5pm on Thursday 15 April 2021. No late applications will be considered.
All applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Student Associate Intern Application.