In this badge, participants will explore academic writing, specifically writing processes for themselves and their students, and the integration of writing into teaching pedagogies across the disciplines.Read more...
The rationale for this badge is based on the following research-informed principles:
- that writing is a unique mode of learning;
- that writing is central to meaning making and understanding;
- that awareness of writing processes is necessary for writerly development;
- that our efforts are best placed supporting staff and students as writers, as opposed to ‘fixing texts’.
- that considering one’s literacy narrative and identity as a writer is an iterative process which transfers beyond the boundaries of the classroom;
- and that the integration of writing into in and out of class learning experiences is beneficial for students.