The National Forum is delighted to offer support to conferences that underpin the enhancement of teaching and learning in Irish higher education. Applications are now invited from conference organisers who feel their upcoming event aligns with one or more of the National Forum’s key strategic priorities, will have a positive impact on student engagement/learning, and will have significant reach across the higher education community.
Conditions of funding
- Maximum funding available: €2500
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year
- Applications for funding must be made at least three months in advance of the conference start date
- Types of conference funded include both national and international conferences aimed at those in higher education
- The conference must be held in the Republic of Ireland and hosted by one of the HEA-funded higher education institutions (a full list of eligible institutions is available here)
- Applications will only be accepted from a person with the main responsibility for organising/Chairing the conference
- Minimum number of registered attendees at conference: 100
- The conference theme must be strongly aligned with one of the 4 National Forum strategic priorities (Full details of the National Forum strategic priorities are available here).
If an application is successful, the National Forum must be identified as a National Sponsor including:
- prominent identification as a sponsor or partner in the run-up to and throughout the conference
- acknowledgement in all news media and interviews
- 100-word description of the National Forum in conference programme/guide and on conference website
- National Forum logo in conference programme/guide and on conference website and other materials related to the conference
- acknowledgement in social media related marketing and communications (with appropriate tagging of national forum profiles e.g. twitter = @forumtl)
An opportunity should also be provided to:
- include relevant National Forum materials in conference pack (the National Forum will provide the printed materials)
- display a pop-up banner/promotional material in a prominent location at the event
- avail of reduced/membership rates for conference registration for National Forum staff or Board members
- deliver a 5-10-minute overview of the work of the National Forum relevant to the conference
The National Forum corporate identity guidelines, including logo can be accessed here.
Please note: Submission of an application represents agreement to the conditions for funding outlined above.
How to apply for funding
Applications for funding can be made by completing the following online form.
Once your submission is reviewed you will be advised in writing (by email to the contact person identified on the application form) whether or not your application has been successful.
Key review criteria:
- Degree of alignment with National Forum strategic priorities
- Level of involvement of students/anticipated impact on student learning
- Expected reach of conference, e.g., registered delegates, geographical reach, promotional reach
Please note: Conference funding will be paid retrospectively on receipt of an invoice for €2,500 from the hosting institution
All queries should be sent to email@example.com using the following subject line: Conference Funding Query
Important Notice-Monitoring Compliance
If conferences sponsorship is approved then It is a condition of conference sponsorship that the financial assistance of the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education must always be acknowledged by you or your organisation in line with the conditions of funding outlined above. In cases where this condition is not met, the National Forum reserves the right to withhold payment of the funding offered and review future funding.
Acknowledgement of our funding in accordance with these rules will be monitored. In this context, you may be requested at any time to review your marketing and publicity plans and to submit publicity material to the National Forum. Non-compliance is a breach of the terms and conditions and may affect sponsorship payment and future funding. These requirements are subject to change, and it is the responsibility of the recipient of funding to comply with the most up-to-date version of the requirements.