The National Forum is delighted to announce the National Seminar Series 2017/2018 which will comprise 43 seminars running from November 2017 to 30 June 2018. These seminars, funded by the Forum, will focus on two key themes, Assessment OF/FOR and AS Learning and Building Capacity through Professional Development. We congratulate all the successful applicants.
The aim of the National Seminar Series is to provide all working in higher education with opportunities to connect with colleagues and to focus on shared interests in both the research and practice of teaching and learning enhancement. The series also creates opportunities to hear from national and international experts in different areas of teaching and learning.
There will be 19 seminars on the assessment theme and 24 seminars on the professional development theme. The assessment theme supports conversations around:
· work-based assessment
· students as partners in assessment
· programme approaches to assessment.
The professional development theme supports seminars that enable:
· middle and senior management to become familiar with the Professional Development Framework in order to make informed, forward-thinking decisions about T&L in their HEIs
· discipline/programme teams to use the framework to identify training needs and goals as a means to develop staff capacity for change
· networking and peer learning opportunities guided by the framework for those who are engaged in their own continuous professional development.
The seminars are funded through a competitive application process to ensure that they meet the needs of higher education, are of interest to the host and other institutions and that they encourage debate on the themes.
For more information click here