- This event has passed.
What Works? Student Retention & Success
***Please note change of date***
The seminar will include a presentation of key findings from the What Work’s? programme, highlighting the role of assessment design for student retention. The presentation of results from the first phase of the programme will be followed by discussion, allowing participants to contextualise and discuss their own practice.
A standing lunch will be provided for participants prior to the afternoon’s workshop section. After lunch participants will explore the experience and objectives of colleagues from within and beyond the institute, and consider the potential for innovations in student support and assessment design.
A secondary outcome of the workshop is to continue to grow and enhance a community of practice within and beyond the institute. It will give lecturers and members of staff from Student Life and Learning an opportunity to meet and discuss potential collaborations.
At the end of this session participants will be able to:
– understand key objectives and outcomes of the What Work’s? programme
– recognize the role of assessment in student retention
– create links between academic staff and colleagues in the Student Life & Learning working on student retention
– reflect on current assessment practice
– implement innovations in assessment practice
Academic staff and staff from Student Life & Learning / retention officers from the Higher Ed sector nationally. Registration will be available via Eventbrite.
Format: Presentation and workshop