Supporting students towards successful language careers: Developing transferable academic & professional skills through translation
Upon completion, participants will:
- Have obtained a deeper awareness of current academic and professional perspectives on the interface between translation study and practice
- Have reflected critically upon the role of translation in their own undergraduate language studies programmes
- Have developed a set of actual and desirable transferable skills acquired by students through translation activities
- Have developed a greater shared understanding of how the identification of such transferable skills can be used to attract more students into language studies programmes
- Have developed a greater shared understanding of how students might better appreciate and exploit the portfolio of transferable skills they are developing, with a particular focus on postgraduate and professional career development
Eventbrite registration link will be available soon, in the interim please contact the organiser for further information.