Celebrating professional development for all who teach in Irish higher education
PD Digital Badges – What Next?
As the end of the development phase of the 15 national PD badges is coming to a close, plans are being made for the next steps:.
- Peer review of the badges has taken place and feedback returned to the badge development teams to take on board; many thanks to the 15 sets of peer reviewers who worked on providing constructive, supportive feedback on each badge.
- A Technical Resource Pack has been distributed to all development teams to support them in preparing the badge content and PD Package for submission.
- A review stage is planned in June where all badges will be looked at together with a view to exploring a digital badge constellation, and how the badges are potentially connected in a delivery suite; a draft of ideas on this is shown in the figure below.
- A schedule is being drawn up for the delivery of the 15 PD workshops that have been developed for the badges; this will take place in late September.
- There will be a piloting stage for the badge delivery, and beta versions of the badges will be available in this time-frame.