One key aim of the National Forum’s work plan was to create a professional development framework for those who teach in Irish higher education.
The framework for professional development aims to:
- Empower staff to create, discover and engage in meaningful personal and professional development in a variety of ways
- Encourage staff to engage in peer dialogue and support in their professional development activities
- Enhance and develop the pedagogy of individual disciplines for relevance and authenticity and enable learning from other disciplines
- Assist staff to reflect on, plan and contribute to the evidence-based enhancement and transformation of their teaching and learning approaches
- Contribute to the quality assurance and enhancement of the student learning experience