- This event has passed.
Trinity College Assessment Showcase
***Please note change of date***
As part of the Trinity Education Project an ambitious Assessment Framework & related academic year structure was passed by Council in June 2016 that reflects the curriculum principles, is coherent at programme level, introduces diversity into teaching, learning and assessment strategies and facilitates a move away from the current strong focus on assessment of learning.
In order to support the implementation of the assessment framework, the academic year structure needs to be able to facilitate a move away from what is currently a very heavy focus on assessment of learning to one of assessment for learning and assessment as learning.
At the centre of the proposed framework is the principle that there should be fewer, but more meaningful assessments and that these should be distributed more effectively across the academic year/s. Proposals in relation to a new academic year structure are informed by the need to:
- Encourage broader range of formative and summative assessments spread across the academic year/s
- Encourage more meaningful approaches to assessment
- Create space for:
- reflection on learning
- independent project work, group work, field trips and other forms of individual and collaborative learning
- reduce the intensity of teaching
This symposium will allow staff and students to come together to share good practice and critically reflect on the challenges involved in embedding this assessment framework in the TCD curriculum.
- Highlight the good practice in assessment practices in Trinity
- Define ways of implementing Trinity’s Assessment Framework within the disciplines
- Discuss with colleagues and students ways to improve the experience of assessment
- Inform and progress the Trinity Education Project
- Move from assessment of learning to assessment for and as learning
Staff of Trinity College Dublin – academic; administrative and students
Format: Showcase/symposia and keynotes